• Trans-Training

    Did some Trans-Iowa specific training this AM before work. I took the Surly 1x1 with 32 x 16 gearing out for a bitch of a ride. I lowered the tire pressure to 25 PSI to get more resistance. So, with 25 PSI in the tires....way soft gravel....and a 15 mph head wind. I set off to suffer. Did I mention the gravel was soft? I bet I sank in atleast 1/4 inch. That made the legs burn. Anyway, I rode over to the New Hartford hills, did a few loops on the hills, and rode home. All in all, it was 3 hours of riding....which felt like 6. My legs were cooked, and the whole way home I thought to mayself......"God, I hope the gravel is dry for Trans-Iowa." So if you are doing Trans-Iowa, pray for dry weather, and light winds. But, once again, that is unheard of in Iowa in late April.

    Out.