• Log'n the miles.

    Yesterday was great. Today will also be great. The weather has been pretty warm here in Iowa for early Feb. The normal high is 28 degrees, but we have been well above that by about 15 degrees. This is great for getting outside for some longer hour rides.

    Yesterday, I hit up the YMCA at 6:00 AM for my weight lifting session. After that I rode home and hop'd on the mnt bike for a 4 hour base ride on the county blacktop road. After the ride I got home I refueled and went to work. After work I hit up the indoor group roller ride at The House of Pain, where I did the structured workout, but kept my HR where it needed to be.

    Today, I am hoping to get in a 4-6 hour road ride. I am going to try out these new Maxxis Re-Fuse tires that Maxxis sent me about a month ago. The Re-Fuse is their heavy duty training tire designed for log'n the huge miles.....The Health-Net team trains on it, so it can't be that bad. I also need to install a new chain on the road bike before I head out. Todays ride is just going to be base riding at a specific HR.

    Off to install the tires and chain....and then ride.