• Random Blog

    Well, I finally got my car out of the huge pile of snow that accumulated on it. In true white-trash fashion, I grabbed my broom from the kitchen and swept away a foot of snow from around my car and on top of the car. Yep, all 1 foot of it. I don't own a shovel. What else was I going to do?

    Now does this make sense to you....
    1. Load up car with road bike and rollers.
    2. Fill up car with $25 worth of gas.
    3. Drive 2 hours to roller race.
    4. Pay $20 entry fee
    5. Warm up.
    6. Race for 6 minutes....on rollers...starring at a computer screen.
    7. Pack up car.
    8. Drive 2 hours home.
    9. Unpack.
    ...Welcome to the roller race season. I just don't get it? Do you?

    My tires on my Mazda Protege 5 are not really snow tires. Needless to say, I had to get a running start to get out of my apartment complex's driveway. The speedo read like 50 mph, but I was only going like 4 mph. I think I'll just stick to the Surly 1x1.

    I have to work all Saturday with the "Boss." Just me and the "Boss." Pray for me!

    With all this new snow, the XC skiers are coming out in the masses. We are renting out about every pair of xc skis we own. Plus, we are down to all odd sizes in the new skis. Tomorrow, is going to be a mess at work....no xc skis to rent, and no xc skis to sell. There will be a riot at Europa on Sat.

    My new favorite website.....CLICK HERE

    I am officially part-time part-time.....does that make sense? Damn the slow months!!! Please send all financial donations to:
    "This Cracker is Poor"
    Thunder Ridge Blvd
    Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613

    I applied for a design job in Hudson, but it was already filled the day before they got my fancy resume...Damn! But, on a good note, the fine folks on the Irwin's/Toyota of D.M. are letting me design their team kits. I had a certain D.M. local suggest a camo style similar to Geoff Kabush's National Championship kit by Sugoi. That would be cool.

    Look for some new blogs from Guitar Ted and myself. We are going to call it "The Crap We Ride." It's going to be product reviews from cyclist for cyclist. No B.S. Just the God honest truth.

    Stay tuned.

    Out.