• The Crap We Ride

    NOT CRAP!

    Todays subject: Burley Rain Pant Website: www.burley.com Approximate Retail Price $75.00

    Okay, here goes! Got me some rain gear for the commute to work. I didn't want to take the car, just because of some wet weather. I've had these pants for about a month now. So, are they good? YES! Here is a run down of what I like about them.

    1. Light weight, tough fabric. Easy to clean in a washer. Waterproof/ windproof, without a doubt.
    2. Easy to put on. They've got a zipper on each leg from the cuff to midway up the calf. Makes getting feet with shoes through easy.
    3 Velcro adjuster at cuff to tighten the pant down around your leg. Keeps chain goo off the pant.
    4. Scotch Brite accents. So I can be seen at night.
    5. Easy to ride in. No bunching up in "undercarriage" area! Legs are long enough, and don't creep up.
    6. Packs down to a very small size. You could get these into a jersey pocket, if you wanted to.
    7. VERY WARM! These pants keep me plenty warm, even in sub zero windchills.



    Okay, how about what isn't good? Well, there are some things.

    1. Waistband has poor "gripper" thingy on waistband string. You know, those gizmos that most backpacks have that cinch down a string, and hang on for ever? Well, Burley's thingy sucks! It doesn't hold! I'll have to get some "braces" to hold'em up!

    2. VERY WARM! I had these on for about two minutes in the shop and I had instant swamp ass conditions! I guess it's the price you pay for 100% waterproofness. Which these are! Just be aware when you layer up!

    Burley raingear is tested and designed by people that really ride the stuff. It shows. Available in performance fit, and relaxed fit. ( I got relaxed fit to go over my jeans/ Dickies/ shorts- whatever!) I hope that they get their gripper thingy updated, cause it really was a letdown. I'm still glad that I got them, though. I wore them XC skiing today, and they work great for that too. Heck, you could go do a million things with these pants on! I like the versatility!

    These pants get my "cautionary" recommendo, only because of the gripper thingy on the waistband. Otherwise, they are great. The versatility, and ease of use on the bike won me over.

    Thanks for reading this Crap!