• I'm Cooked!

    Wow! My legs are officially cooked. I did my weight lifting this AM, and tonight I did the roller workout at the House of Pain. The intervals we did were long and the rest was short. Most guys worked on power since it's roller race season, but I did the workout doing leg speed work instead. I feel that leg speed is the most important aspect of endurance racing other than consistency. Anyway, I think I spun my crotch raw. Oooooooooo. Tomorrow, I am planning on some spinning a the YMCA, but my legs and the weather will be the deciding factor. I say the weather, cause we are in a Winter Storm Warning .....AGAIN!

    Last night I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some Omega-3 supplements and some of the black goodness. I have come to the conclusion that Wal-Mart has a customer dress code. The dress code is as follows...
    1. Sweat Pants...earth tones only
    2. Bedroom Slippers
    3. Disneyland and/or Pro Wrestling T-shirt....black or off-white colors only
    4. NASCAR Team Issue jacket
    All these items need to be worn while shopping at Wal-Mart. Don't believe me. Go see for yourself.

    Got some of my new gear for the 2005 season. Cole Wheels sent me their new and improved prototype disc mountain bike wheels. This years wheels have a few upgrades...
    • Alloy nipples in hub flanges.
    • Alloy nipples in rim.
    • Hub flanges now point inwards on the hub a bit versus being perpendicular.
    Overall the weight seems to be a lot lower. Which is a good thing, cause that was one of my complaints last year. These wheels have a 6 bolt disc hub. We are to get a 2nd wheel set later that is to have the shimano-like splined disc hub. The splined hub is to be even lighter. I just wish they would put sealed bearings in the hubs versus ball bearing.