• 12 Hr Race + Weather = ?

    The weather is shaping up to be be sucky for the 12 hours race. Temps are forecasted to be 20 degrees below normal, and the winds are forcasted to be howling out of the NW. In fact here in Waterloo, we are in a wind advisory. Today winds are to gust from 30 to 50 mph! Whoa.

    With the weather, it's leaving me no option but to pack the kitchen sink when it comes to supplies, clothing, and tires to take to the 12 Hours of Sugar Creek. The course is somewhat technical with many roots, and rocks. The dirt is black, so if it rains, it will become slick and slippery. Right now I have the RUSH set up with Maxxis Larsen TT's and hoping for a dry course. But in reality, I am taking along a couple pair of these...
    The Maxxis Medusa should do the trick if the conditions get too sketchy. And if it rains during the event....it will.

    So here is the plan till I toe the line on Saturday at 8 AM for 12 hours of fun...
    Thursday: Cruise around on the RUSH and get in a few burst of intensity.
    After the ride, got to Sprawl-Mart and pick up all needed supplies.
    Friday: Pack clothes and race supplies. Drive up to course and find camping and a pit spot. Pre-ride if it is somewhat dry.
    Saturday: Kick of my 2006 race season!

    And finally...
    Yesterday I recieved my Cole Carbon rims for my Lefty wheels builds. These things are sweeeeeeet! Pictures coming soon!

    Current thought...
    "If bicycle racing was easy, then everyone would do it. Right?"