• Pig Head Interval Session

    Warmer weather today was screaming at me for an outdoor interval session. So I skipped the YMCA spin class to go out and pound out some hard efforts on the local hills West of town. Today's goal was to do hard sitting efforts while climbing any and all rises in the road. Not sure how many Buchanandale and myself did, but I felt great! My legs were clicking over fast and I was putting out some good power during the entire pedal stroke. Todays ride proved to me that I am gettig pretty close to being ready for the first event of the year. Here is a map of todays route




    Buchanandale rock'n the RUSH...and the baby blue skull cap.
    Do you see this Dirtram?



    Oh, the wide open spaces. The gravel is good...for now.
    Just wait a month or so till the Counties throw drown the fresh stuff.




    Cresting one of the rollers in the New Hartford Hills area.
    I had some good efforts. Busting ass into the the head wind, and even doing the entire stretch of hills from Parkersburg to New Hartford in the softest gravel along the shoulder to add more resistance. And yes, I even manage to find the ditch once. That was cool.



    Buchanandale not far behind.



    Just when you thought you've seen everything on a gravel ride in Iowa.
    How about a pig head?

    Mmmmmm, bacon.



    And everyones favorite dogs...the New Hartford Hills Wolf Pack.


    About 4 hours in the saddle today....I think. Got back into town about 30 minutes before i had to be to work. Tomorrow, it's hill repeats at Look Out Park Hill. Wahooooooo!