• Clean, Smooth, Crisp.

    I received an e-mail the other day from a guy asking what cables and housing I run. Well, the answer to the question is the Avid Flak Jacket System. I love this set-up. I pay my hard earned money for it. For about $30, you can outfit one complete road or mnt bike with this system. The Flak Jacket system uses a Kevlar housing that is compressionless and is able to give smoother shifting under the most crazy cable routing set ups. Also, the Flak Jacket systetm uses a red liner to make the entire system hidden from the elements. No exposed cables = smooth and crisp shifting under the nastiest of conditions. I have run this set up on every bike for the last 3 years. Infact, I am still runing the original installed cable and housing on those bikes. That includes my 24 hour race bikes. In my mind this is the best bang-for-the-buck set-up when it comes to cables and housing. Yes, there are other options out there, but try to do it for this price.

    My RUSH bikes will be outfitted with this housing in no time flat. The housing awaits their arrival.

    I give it 2 thumbs up.


    clicky, clicky, to make biggy

    Now, it's time to get ready for the ride. The map above is the projected route. Head'n out with Buchanandale to get in some hard efforts and hills. Check back later for a recap.

    My first event of the year....60 miles of fun. Check the video of the course!