• Dang, an Flat!

    Did the road group ride last night. Last night was the last bit of "raging" before the 12 hour race on Saturday. There was a small group last night....maybe 5 or 6. Must have been the heat. It was around 92 degrees with atleast 85% swamp ass. Oh yeah, good and moist.

    So I headed out at 5 PM with the road bike....flask of Hammer Gel....and 3 bottles of ELETE. I spun around the park then hit up the ride at 6 PM. We head out of town West on the TT course. I started with an easy pull of 22 mph. I pulled off then all the sudden the riders a head signal that there is gravel in the road. I thought...."So? I have Maxxis Re-Fuse tires." You know, as in the tires "Refuse" to flat. Well, I rode through it. Then you heard....pst,pst,pst,pst. Damn! A flat! My first flat on the road in almost 3 years. The group acknowledged the flat, but I waved them on. It took me just a hair under 5 minutes to change. In that 5 minutes, I was asked by Jerry Green who was driving by for help....and the Dodd Tandem who was flying by at mach 4. THANKS FOR THE OFFERS GUYS!!!!!!!

    No help was needed, as I got it fixed, and the tire pumped up to 100 PSI thanks to my Crank Bros. Power Pump. After I got the bike together, I went into TT mode to catch the group. I TT at 26 mph to the 'T' intersection...then south to Dike....then south to the Hudson left turn....then right to back track to Reinbeck to meet the group. I made it to Reinbeck and caught the group as they were pulling out of Casey's for a carbo loaded beverage.....which is about 10ish miles or so since the flat.

    From there we headed back North and then to Hudson. It was a great ride. I got to open my legs up a bit...ride with some great guys....play in the heat....and get in 70 miles in some crazy heat. Good times....like band camp.

    So today is work at the shop till 2 PM...come home and pack up stuff...drive home...then leave in the AM for the Black Hills.

    This might be the last blog till after the 12 hour race in Sunday. But who knows, I might find a way to update.

    Want to read a first hand account of what it takes to win one of the biggest 24 hour events in the USA? CLICK HERE!

    Time to eat some oats yo!