• Saturday, Sunday, and the first race.

    Yipee! It's Saturday. Today, is my scheduled day off from organized training, so I am working all day a the shop. Might spin the legs out with a commute to and from work via the Surly 1x1. Weather is supposed to be warm, so we will be swamped a the shop. That is always a good thing. We go back to normal summer hours soon also. That even more of an added bonus, cause now I will actually have a bit more money to try to live off of.

    Sunday, the shop is closed so I am going on a huge ride. It's either going to be gravel to Traer or silly road miles. Have to go out and suffer. I agree with Sologoat 100% when he says....you have to teach your body to suffer. Should be good times.

    I have pretty much committed to doing the Spoke Pony Showdown 3/6 hour race down by Kansas City. Supposed to be a super technical course...rocks, root, gnomes, etc. I am ready to test my fitness, and see where I sit. This race looks to be a good one to try. Anyone want to ride with me...share gas costs....maybe hotel costs on Friday night. Going to make it as cheap as possible.....cheaper is better. E-mail me if you are interested.

    See on Cyclingnews.com that the Trek crew is on fine form. Bishop and Eatough went 1,2 in the Marathon. Is anyone going to beat Eatough this year in an endurance event? Only time will tell.

    Off to work to sell stuff and dream about World's