• Mission Complete.

    My goal was huge miles and hours today....DID IT! Got in just under 7. 5 hours for a total mileage count of approx. 146. We had one one of those "once-in-awhile" days. I got up to 70 degrees today! That only happens every once in awhile, so I took full advantage of it. Even got my so pro tan lines go'n again in full force. The only down fall to todays weather was the SW wind blowing at a sustained 25ish mph. This was a good kick in the chops. Just ask Carl. I hope to have this wind for Trans-Iowa....out of the same direction, cause it will blow us all the way to the finish line. Just hope to God the wind isn't out of the SE.

    I went out this AM for 3 hours by myself and did some structured work....intervals....sprints....hill work. After that I meet up with Carl for another 3.5 hours of ass kick'n wind riding up to the fine town of Shell Rock. The wind was unreal! Sand was smacking us in the face. Thanks to Tifosi for making a product that keeps the sand out of the eyes! I had to ride on the hoods of the road bike, cause the wind was blowing us all over the place and you needed the leverage to hold the bike steady. The speed into this wind on the bike was like 13-16 mph....if you were lucky. It was like a huge 3 hour hill climb. Just had to find a good tempo and go with it. Oh, yeah....there was no drafting! Both of us pushed the wind. We are freaks!!!!

    After the ride with Carl, I rode him home, then did an out-and-back to the "T" intersection West of Cedar Falls into the hellish headwind. Did an average of about 18mph into the gusts. The ride back was fast. 30 mph with no problems. Now it is time to recover and elevate the legs.

    Hope you got a good ride in today if you live inthe Midwest. Temps are hardly going to reach 35 next week. One day of 70 degrees....followed by 6 days of 35 degrees....only in Iowa!

    I wonder if the Salsa Queen got the Salsa outta the basement for a little sunshine?

    Out.