• Holy warm one Batman!

    Good lord! It's like 50 freak'n degrees. I started this morning at 7:30 with all kinds of layers....booties....skull cap...etc. About every 30 miles I would have to shed a layer. By the time I got in my 5 hour ride up towards Tipoli, IA and back I looked like a pack rat. I had all my layers shed and stuffed in my rear jersey pockets. You see those guys in the Tour that go back to the team car, then load up with like 20 water bottles. Yeah, that is what I looked like. Freak'n Hunchback of Notre Dame go'n on.

    Wind was a pain. There was no wind when I started, but as soon as I turned to start heading South, BAM! It was right into my face. Come'n at ya at like 19 mph. The whole way back to CF. We don't have the elevation in Iowa, but the wind more than makes up for it.

    It was nice to finally do 70% of a ride outdoors with no skull cap and nothing but cycling socks and shoes...No booties Yipee!!! Tomorrow is all day at the shop, so there will be no structured riding other than the commute via the Surly. Sunday looks to be warm again, so I am aiming for the 6-7 hour mark. Do I have any takers for a ride on Sunday? Carlos? Ed? John? Robert? Tinker Fry? Super Dave? Kisch? Can anyone hear me? Hellllllooooooo.....

    To celebrate todays ride, I am going to make one of these....one big one...the size of my head!

    Oh yeah, I almost forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!

    Out.