• One huge hard suffer fest effort.

    I had no takers on a ride today. So it was just me, a P.B. Clif Bar, Cateye Wireless Computer, Giant CFR road bike, Giant Kit and helmet, and the open road. So what did I do for a workout....a 100 mile T.T. Yep, it hurt. At the end of it I had the ever famous suffer-cough. Well, it took me 4 hours and 18 minutes to go turn out 100 miles by myself. The wind wasn't too bad, but just enough that going South and East required a bit more work. I ended up riding through New Hartford, Dike, Reinbeck, Hudson, Dysart, and then back into Waterloo. Ended with about 5.5 hours of saddle time, sore legs, blood shot eyes, and the look of death...yippee!!!

    After the hard effort I went and did a spinning ride through G.W. State Park. I did a lap by myself, and then caught up to our local Lance Fred...Pat Trep. He means well, and is a super nice guy, but he has the build of Lance and all the official "gear" so he is a head turner when in public. Well today he was support'n the new Trek 5900 to comemorate Lance winning is 6th Tour. It has been hanging at Scheels here in town for like a year....he scored a deal. He also has the yellow Lance shoes, and the Lance Giro Atmos with the big state of TX on it. Yep, he is a Fred to the highest standard. All Freds should model themselves after him.

    Anyway, I rode 2 laps with him, and chatted about everything bikes, then he went home. I did 2 more laps while dodging sktchy bike riders not wearing helmets. I bet 98% of the people out riding today had no brain buckets. I just wanted to pull up to them and say...."You need to get yourself a brain bucket or you'll be the next feeding tube story." Yeah, that is mean, but they need to realize something....$39 dollar helmet or $50,000 doctor bills. Rant off.

    Time to finish my tuna melt and cottage cheese, then elevate the legs some more. The so-pro tan is coming along fine, and the weather looks to be prime the rest of the week.

    Out.