• New Stoppers

    Wahoo! Got me 'sum new stoppers. Thanks to the fine folks at Hayes for sending over some new HFX9 Carbon lever disc brakes. Looks pretty cool. I ran Hayes a few years back, and they worked awesome.

    Here are my first thoughts and reaction...


    1. Ohhhhh, light.

    2. Ooooooo, carbon bling.

    3. Yeeeessss! They are pre-bled.


    Bling!

    And now what Hayes has to say...

    1. Rotor
    : 6-inch stainless steel rotor (Mud Cutter Wavy Rotor-Optional as shown)
    2. System Weight
    : 420 gram / 397 grams with optional Titanium Kit
    3. Mounts Available
    : 74mm post mount, Psylo, International Standard front/rear, and 20mm through axle mount
    4. Mid-range Cross-Country/Freeride
    5. Compact dual Piston Caliper
    6. Compact aluminum body and lever blade design.
    7. Flip-flop design master cyliner allows lever to be mounted on either side of bar
    8. Reservoir system compensates for fluid expansion caused by heat
    9. Semi Metallic pads for progressive feel and quiet operation

    Stay tuned for a review once I get them mounted.

    As for riding...
    My ride/T.T. was an azz kicker on Sunday. I actually felt awesome when I woke up in the AM. So I went out for a 2 hour road ride at sub 135 heart rate while maintaining fast and smooth leg speed.

    After the ride I showered and hopped on the Surly for the commute to work. Spent 10 AM till 8 PM at the shop...we were busy, plus we finally got some new hoop-d-rides to assemble.

    Tomorrow I am planning on hill repeats...sprints, high spinning, and big gear variety. Should be good times since it is supposed to get to 75 degrees! I am going shirtless! Well, not really.

    Last thing...
    I FINALLY got my tax return back from the US gov'ment....when the state going to show?

    Out.