• New Tires and Saddle

    Just pokin' my nose in here to say that I just purchased some new treads for the Karate Monkey. Got a Maxxis Ignitor on the rear, and a fat WTB ExiWolf for the front. I've got just a few rides in on them, so hold tight for a future review. Also, fresh off the Brown Santa's truck, I have a Very Sweet WTB Street Smart saddle. Thanks to Chris at WTB for hooking me up!!! This saddle is part of a new line of "commuting" saddles that WTB has out for '05. Don't let the "commuting" tag fool you though! This saddle is totally sweet! Tubular Ti rails, leather cover, Kevlar rear corners , and a ScotchLite patch on the tail section round out the features of this "Team" level saddle. It weighs in at a sub 200 gram weight on my wifes kitchen scale, too! Plus, the shape is very similar to my coveted, and much loved WTB SST Ti saddle, vintage 1996. In fact, it looks like a very slightly "shrunken" version of my SST. Should work fantastic then! I'll let you all know soon!


    WTB YO!