• Maxxis is in.

    My first shipment of Maxxis tires has arrived. Lots of good tires for all types of course conditions. These tires should work on every course from Trans-Iowa to the wet roots and rocks at Whistler.

    Introducing......Maxxis

    IGNITOR
    The Ignitor tread pattern was designed for the most discerning professional racers and already has laid claim to multiple World Cup victories. The well-spaced tread pattern fills in nicely to provide low rolling resistance in the straights, while the ramped pentagonal knobs provide excellent traction in the corners and in medium soil. Guitar Ted is running the 29er version of this tire. Look for some "words" from hime later.


    Larsen TT
    The TT works on a vast number of terrains and conditions, which is why it is the favored tread of many of our pro dual riders. The TT hooks up well because each small, square lug in the tread pattern is ramped to roll easily, yet tightly spaced so more knobs are making contact with the ground. Thus, the contact patch is effective on a wide variety of surfaces. Can you say "Trans-Iowa tire?"


    ADvantage
    New for 2005, Alison Dunlap designed the ADvantage as a high volume aggressive cross country tire that corners great on big side-knobs. It also climbs and brakes with authority thanks to the opposing parallelogram center tread design. Ramped center knobs keep rolling resistance minimal and the wide lug spacing sheds mud easily.


    Tube
    Maxxis ultralight tubes are the standard in performance inner tubes for racing and training. Ultralight tubes are .6mm thin for weight consideration without loss of performance.
    A tube is a tube to me. As long as they hold air I like 'em. These come in a cool orange box, so of course I dig 'em.


    Well, that is all from Maxxis for now. Once I get some time on them I will get you guys some feedback. This is my first time on Maxxis, so I am very eager to get out and play with them.

    Speaking of getting out and playing...this cold really needs to go away. I have done nothing since Wednesday when I went out with JY for 2 hours of tempo road riding. Being inactive is killing me. I feel like a fat slob doing nothing but sitting, eatting, and working. I think I can hear my ass growing.

    Since I am down and out with this head cold from hell, I was able to get the Trans-Iowa cue sheets sorted and paper clipped together. So, now the only things left to do for the race is stuff the racer bags and show up to the start line. Rumor has it that Guitar Ted stole the Gnomes last night from K-Mart.

    Let me see...
    All I need now to complete my bike for the 2005 season is my SRAM components, Hayes disc brakes, and Fox fork. Just to let you guys know...just because you are a sponsored racer, stuff isn't guarenteed to show up fast, ulness your name is like Geoff Kabush, JHK, or Todd Wells. Racers are on the bottom of the food chain. OEM gets first dibs on gear. So, when that is finished I will get my gear. Tick tock....tick tock.....tick tock.....tick tock

    Well that is all. Going into work at noon o'clock if it is slow.

    Out.