• 2 Easy Days lead to Huge Day

    The last 2 days have been easy for me on the bike. Nothing but extra long commutes on the Surly. I have Saturday off from the shop (Thank God!), so it is going to be an all day-er on the saddle. My normal commute is right around 15 minutes by bike...and car. So I have been taking the long route to and from work going through GW State Park.

    ME
    Flying through the State Park, mess'n with different camera shots. It was cold this morning...about 35 degrees. Had to go with the skull cap, and Craft Excess Jacket. Do you like the new Tifosi's? I do.

    TRAIL
    Heading under Hwy 57 just outside Cedar Falls. All the snow must be melting up North, cause the Cedar River is starting to get pretty high. I bet it floods out all the singletrack in the area. Bummer!

    RIDE'N
    Nema Crown Jewel shorts and leg warmers were all I need to keep the nether reagions toasty warm. If you commute a lot, check out Nema.

    TED
    Guitar Ted wrenching on some old dude's Raleigh.

    AH, WHAT
    Before the Raleigh above, it was this sweet gem. It's an E-bay bike. The guy that rides this is like 5 ft 8, but barely. This is a HUGE frame...for someone that is like 6'3. Race Face cranks, Ti bottom braket, triple clamp fork, Old Man Mountain racks, Terry Liberator saddle, 140mm stem!, red cable housing, and to top it off it has slick tires. All I can say is...Ahhhhhh, WHAT? We'll have to get Ted's thoughts on this treat of a bike. He worked on it. I just stood there and pointed at it with my mouth hang'n wide open the whole time. And just in case you are wondering, the B.B. height is 14 inches. GOOD GOD!!!

    After Ted left today, the shop blew up. Tons of people comng in for Super Sale. I was supposed to be in till 4:00, but wasn't able to get out till 5:30. And I had to sneek out. Glad I am not working tomorrow. I am going to be on the bike, so I can't answer the phone.

    Sloane updated his blog...wheels, wheels, wheels, and a stupid mutt.

    Lance was on Rome today.

    Trans-Iowa is in 22 days...Eee-gads!

    New Cateye light to show soon! Stay tuned.

    Ride leaves at 9:00 AM from behind Bike Tech.

    Out.