• A bit of the burn

    Went out for an AM refresher with JY. He was doing tempo on the road bike, and I need to get in some high intensity work. So I headed to the ride on the NRS Air in full on Trans-Iowa mode. Had the PolarPak filled to the brim with H2O and the bottle filled with HEED. The ride was a tough at first...coffee churn'n in the belly. After about 1 hour my legs started to tick very well. We maintained about 20 mph while we were on the 2.5 hour tempo/rage fest.

    1
    Nice PolarPak and Tifosi's yo!
    I am also running those ultra-supportive Ergon grips...BUTTER!

    2
    Smiling...but really I am hurting. This is just out side Finchford, IA

    3
    Rage on the gravel sholder. Bring it!
    Notice the tiny gravel rooster tail...sweet!
    Location: Just north of the Waterloo Airport

    4
    Still go'n. Nice line left in the gravel. I hope JY is hurting after this ride, cause my legs are tender. I wonder how many more rides I am going to have to wear like 4 jerseys, and all the other winter gear in my cycling clothing arsenal?

    Tomorrow looks to be 2 hours of sub 120 HR on the road for some recovery. Friday and Sunday are shaping up for H-U-G-E miles and hours.

    One final note...
    If gas prices keep going up (currently at $2.05 per gallon) I am going to have to start riding my bike to all the races. Must be those darn H2's (click link, then scroll down a bit)?