• It's over....

    Finally, the snow has stopped. The official total according to the radio is 13 inches. Hmmmm, lucky 13. Pretty much every school in the area is closed. Even the colleges are opening up way late, and that hardly ever happens. If you live in this large band of heavy snowfall you are going to want to read THIS.

    Yesterday I did all my commuting on the Surly 1x1. It was pretty tough. A lot of mashing through the soft snow in my 2:1 gear ratio. I can feel it in my quads and butt. But, it's not that bad. Not as bad as after the 3 hour spin bike session the other week...Oooooooooo.

    On the way home from work last night, I laid the Surly down at about 18 mph. I can hear Phil Liggett saying it now..."Jeff Down! Jeff Down! Oh, he's riding out of his skin!" I was on one of the CF side road that had a bit of ice left over from the ice storm. The road that I was on was NOT flat. For some reason this road is a bit off camber. Anywho, I hit a section of ice, the bike slid out from under me, and I hit the ground and slid like 15 feet. I was actually pretty fun. I was down and out before I knew what happened. Oh, the joys of commuting......in 13 inches of snow.

    Today is more training. Weight lifting in the AM and roller workout in the PM. The specifics are my secret. If you ride your bike to my apartment today, I will give you all my training details in Microsoft Word format for your effort :-) Good Luck!

    Remember to train hard, and to rest even harder!

    I am out'a here.