• I think I ran over Santa!

    On my commute home from work tonight I think I ran over Santa on the Surly 1x1. Not the real Santa, but one of those small plastic lawn ornament ones. It's super windy today...30+ mph out of the NW. I was riding home in the dark on the sidewalk along Rainbow Drive. All of a sudden...crunch!....crunch! I looked back, and low and behold, Santa was flattened like a pancake. If I would have saw it, I wouldn't of hit it, but I was moving at a pretty good clip. So, oh well! I am sure it blew onto the sidewalk because of this hellish wind.

    I ended up doing my bike workout before work on Saturday. I did a few high rpm hill repeats. So the only physical work I did today was commuting to work on the Surly 1x1.

    The shop was sort'a busy today. People are checking out bikes for x-mas and for a new ride come Spring time. Did a ton of Q and A about anything and everything. For some reason, people just don't want to spend money yet.

    Tomorrow, it's back to the "Y" to rage on the weights and do some very light cardio. Tuesday will be a big bike day.

    If you are training for Trans-Iowa or any other long ass race, check out Ultra Cycling for all your training and nutritional needs!

    That's all for today. Stay tuned for Guitar Ted's rant tomorrow.

    Train hard! Rest even harder!