• Gifts that suck.

    X-Mas is over, and I survived. I pretty much stayed clear of the sugary-goodness treats. I had a few, just enough to wish that I wasn't a bike racer. I think my Grandma successfully took all her X-Mas treats and if they could be dipped in chocolate or almond bark (sp?) she did. For the 2 days I was gone I did nothing but watch TV and lounge around....Ahhhhhh, recovery. Myself and the Relatives took in a solid 10 hours of the American Chopper All-Day Marathon on the Discovery Channel. I figure since you are watching a TV station that sponsors a Pro cycling team that counts as some minor training. Right?

    Gift exchange was great. I got me some new lobster gloves and a balaclava from Craft. I also got some 9 speed chains....a cyclist can never have enough of these! Lets see.....I also received my renewal to VeloNews. Last but not least I got a gift that sucks! It sucks like nothing has ever sucked before. Suck, suck, suck. Yeah, it's a vacuum cleaner for the apartment. Other than those items I, along with everyone else, received some paper in the form of US funds. I would like to go nuts buying fun toys and stuff, but I will go towards bills. How things change. When I was a wee lad I would take all my X-Mas cash and buy GI Joe's and Star Wars stuff.

    Well, that is about how exciting my X-Mas was. There is hardly any snow anywhere in the southern parts of Minnesota or the entire state of Iowa. So, it seemed like Thanksgiving, but only with gifts.

    As far as training...
    I have a few more weeks of MS weight lifting, and I am going to start hitting the bike pretty hard in terms of hours in the saddle. As for the specifics....that is a Mr. 24 secret. Shhhhhhh.

    I am also going to start piecing together my race scedule for 2005 here over the next month or so. For the best listing of endurance racing in North America please visit Karl E's Endurance Race Listing Page. It's the best on the net! Way to go Karl!!!!!

    Up with gifts that "Suck." Down with Wal-Mart the day after X-Mas. Meat and cheese trays are 80% off. Out.

    I wonder what cool stuff everyone else unwrapped on X-Mas?