• Cold. Chilly. Frozen. Ice Cold. Brrrrrr.

    BRRRRRR!

    Yeah.......It's a bit chilly. It's a balmy 2 degrees outside with a -20 degree windchill. What happened to the 40 degree weather? I think it is supposed to come back tomorrow, but then get really cold by the end of the week. When it's this cold, no matter how much clothing you put on, you still freeze while riding. I am not going to commute to work via bike today, just because I don't want to get chilled and risk having a set back in training because I catch a cold.

    This weeks training will be messed up with X-Mas holiday coming up. The work schedule changed, and the hours are a bit odd to fill the gaps of everyone being gone for some reason or another. I should be able to get some good workouts in, then chill out for 3 days over the X-mas days. I'll just use it as a mid-base recovery period.

    I finally ran out of protein powder on Friday. So, I ordered some more Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein from Jesup Gym. They are dirt cheap! Almost 1/2 the price of GNC. Better yet, the shipping is only like $8.00 regardless if you order 1 lb worth or 50 lbs worth.......SCORE!

    Today, is another day at the shop. Yesterday was pretty busy with the slackers getting in their last minute X-Mas shopping. Today looks to be a bit of the same.

    If anyone calls about those stupid charm bracelets, i.e. LiveStrong bands, I will make sure to send them here....CLICK HERE

    So, with no commuting and deathly cold temps, today will be my recovery day for the week. Time to just hangout at work and eat some grub to fuel the body for the tough week to come.

    My missing eyelashes from the earlier weeks frozen commute appear to filling in nicely. My nice co-workers were nice enough to make me an emergency eyelash repair kit using glue and short brissles cut from the shop broom.......thanks guys!

    I wonder if it's a good time to finally turn the heater on in the apartment?

    Remember to train hard and to rest even harder!

    Up with Coffee. Down with Metrosexuals. Meat and Cheese trays for everybody. Out.