• Almost swamp ass conditions.

    Holy Cow is it warm today. It's December 4th and 50 degrees. That doesn't happen very much. I started out the day with a little AM coffee. Ok, not a little, but almost an entire pot. I was pretty much wired. I singlespeeded to the YMCA and did 2 hours of stairmaster. The first 45 minutes was the "Interval" setting set on level 17 out of 20. After that session, I did 45 minutes of 1 minute all out followed by 2 minutes of recovery. I was pretty much beat after that. The last half hour was very easy stairmaster.....about 110 bpm on the heartrate. After the YMCA I rode home, threw on the Giant kit and went out to ride the single track on the single speed......it was wet...bummer. So I just did a bit of urban assault for 2 hours working on being smooth, and good leg speed.

    Make sure you check out the new issue of Bicycling. It's a good read. I will leave it at that :-)


    I get to work the shop tomorrow with
    Carlos. It's starting to pick up a bit with all the people coming out of their holes to do some X-Mas shopping. It's kind of funny. The people that are coming into the shop to buy gifts are NOT cyclists. They are in the shop to buy gifts for their friends that cycle. You get all kinds weird question....."Do you guys have one of those bag things. Do you have a green one?".........."Do you guys carry those $5.00 bike computers that Wal-Mart carries?" It's like what the hell do you tell these people? I have to bite my tongue not to break out laughing. It sure is an interesting time of the year. We are still getting people coming into the shop looking for those stupid yellow charm bracelets.....Arrrrggggghhh!

    It's time to work on the details for the
    Trans-Iowa race. If you go to the race site you can view the results from the poll. Hard to believe there are people that are going to travel from all corners of the country to race across Iowa......Maybe me and Guitar Ted are on to something here? We are thinking of getting some stickers printed up to go along with registration. Anyone have any clever sayings? "Trans-Iowa: (insert clever saying here)" Post your suggestions.

    Done.