• Back on the plan

    The SRM is in for service, new chainrings being installed.  So, the training this week has been by HR and on the mountain bike.  Trails are dry....very dry.  Could spell trouble in the summer months if we don't gets some rain/snow.  But, for now, with temps in the high 60F's it is time to shred dirt!

    Wednesday I had no camera.  I was on a mission doing 3x20 minute race pace tempos.  It was a good ride hitting up the singletrack in Lory, Blue Sky, and Indian Summer.

    Today (Thursday) was 4x15 minute sub-threshold climbing intervals.  I hit the best dirt road climb in Fort Collins....known as Towers Rd.  A road?  Yes.  Does it see any cars/trucks?  Maybe 1 or 2 a year and they are with the park service.  This climb is steep....it sits at 15-18% grade for all 3-4 miles of it.  For me, doing 15 minute tempos up the climb gets me about 1,000 ft of elevation per climb.

    Towers Rd.
    Here is part of the climb....looking down.

    By the time I hit the 15 minute mark of each interval, here is my view looking east over Fort Collins....
    Towers Rd.

    Legs felt good for the most part today. Last 2 days have been pretty hard on the bike. Here is the elevation and HR from the climbing intervals. LOVE the profile!

    Friday is an easy day....then ramping it up this weekend with the Oval Ride and another 10,000 climbing day.