• The Sponsorship Game.

    Wow. The great frame debate continues. I wake up every morning hoping to have good word. Today was not a good sponsorship e-mail morning. There is some hesitation from our current frame sponsor to continue into 2006. Afterall, it's their marketing money and they have the right to pursue the options which they feel will benefit their company. The bad thing is how late it is getting to the start of the season....very nervous. T-Miuns 1 month till season opener...

    It's kind of a mess as to the route the Cateye Enduro Team goes.
    Do we run our current frames?
    Do we look into a new frame(s) sponsor?
    So what do we do?
    Hello? Anyone out there want to assist?

    Riding what we sell at the shop would be great from many different perspectives. This and this are some great frame options to fit the teams needs.

    The thing that bothers me is if we get a new frame sponsor...are they also going to help us get new clothing? What frame sponsor would want Sloane and myself winning on their frames while wearing the logo of the old sponsor all over our current team kit? That's not fair.

    I would think that most bike companies would realize that the best place to market a bike is the endurance scene. 1,000 of racers. 1,000 of spectators. Races all over the world. Plus, it's the fastest growing aspect of bike racing in the world.

    So we wait..........[sigh]

    I wonder how many industry people read this site?
    Would you, the industry insider, be interested in sponsoring our team?
    I can get you in contact with my team manager.
    Contact me by e-mail

    New equipment or not...I have some goals to achieve for '06. Time to head to the YMCA.