• Did the Sun blow up?

    Is the Sun no longer heating the earth? The picture from my desktop pretty much sums it up. It's cold! The -16 degrees is the actual air temp as I type this. It will not be a hard choice to ride indoors today. I am going to hit the back-to-back spin classes at the YMCA this morning. So I will be rage'n the bike from 7:30 AM till just about 11. The intensity is starting to feel really good. So I am pretty confident that I will be in decent form come the Ouachita Challenge.

    Yesterday the Diadora shoes for the Cateye Enduro Team showed up. Sloane, myself, and even Buchanandale will be rage'n on the Team Racer MTB Carbon's in '06. Today at the YMCA spin classes I will give these shoes a test.
    Here are my first impressions out of the box:
    1. Whoa, Bling! Bling! These guys stand out. Lots of chrome to get anyone excited.

    2. The outer sole of the shoe is covered in plastic instead of exposed carbon like the Shimano's. Should be better for the durability in the long haul. My Shimano carbon sole shoes wear out from cleat to carbon contact.

    3. The fit is ergo. My foot kind of snaps into the shoe. There is support there it is needed and no support where you don't. It feels like there is a custom footbed in these shoes.

    4. The heel cup is snug and no slipage occurs during walking.

    5. Oooooo, a ratchet

    6. Comes with toe spikes, and the tool to switch out the toe spikes when they are not needed.

    Click here to get the manufac. specs on these kicks. As I get some real ride time on these shoes some "real life" reviews will be coming.

    Tomorrow is QBP Frostbike dealer show. Think of it as a mini-Interbike minus the near nude hot chicks modeling suspension forks. Should be a good time. I can soak up some info...score some sponsor decals...talk with sponsors...hit up some seminars for working on disc brakes and susp. forks...etc....etc....etc. Stay tuned. There should be some pictures on G-Ted's site and Buchanandale's.

    Off to ride out of my comfort zone.

    UPDATE: 11:29 AM
    Just got back from spin class. The Diadora shoes are "lookers." I bet I had atleast 10 people ask me what brand they are and where I got them. Who knew a pair of shoes could be such a conversation starter.