• The Final Touches.

    Things are coming together very smoothly for my first 24 hour solo effort of the year. I feel strong, and most importantly FRESH! Last year I raced too much before World's and was a bit burned by the middle of August. As of now, the motivation is high and the legs still feel really good.

    Some much needed items for the 24-9 effort showed today. I was going to run the Maxxis Oriflamme for my tire choice...but, they are out of stock. Dang! So, I went with the next fastest choice....Maxxis Larsen MiMo. I raced the MiMo in South Dakota at a 12 hour event earlier in June and these thing were as fast as a bad case of the Hershey squirts. Should work really well on the way fast 9 Mile course. The tires showed today, and then this came via UPS...


    Say hello to a pre-production Cateye Double Shot helmet mount light. It's so new that it came in a zip-lock bag and it is hand made. This thing is sooooooo tiny! It is 2 super bright LEDs with 5 hours of run time. This light will see a ton of time at 9 Mile so I can get Cateye some "real world" testing in. Thanks to Jeana at Maxxis and Jeff Wu at Cateye for the rush service. You guys rock!!!

    Before work I set up the new 10x10 pop up tent from the folks at ELETE. Yep, it works! Just wanted to make sure it was good to go. The pit area in Wausau would be a bad place to find out you are missing parts of the tent.

    After work, I headed out for a 1 hour spin on the road bike. Let me check....yep, the legs still work and feel good.

    Now, I am charging up batteries for the Cateye lights and getting primed for 10 hours of precious sleep. Oh yeah, I am also consuming more carbs. For your FYI, you cannot carbo load the night before an event. It's atleast a week long process.

    That's enough blogging for now. I run the shop by myself tomorrow as G-Ted is throwing down on a day of RAGBRAI. He is going to take lots of pictures on Thursday so check his site for some great pictures of the drunken sex laced bike riding pictures across the Iowa country side.


    One last note...
    Noonan of the Kona Enduro Team needs a support person for 9 Mile. So, if ya like staying up for 30 straight hours, filling water bottles, swatting bugs, and just hanging out with other cool pit people CLICK over to his site at get ahold of this freak.