• New Threads

    Well, it's Tuesday, and there really isn't a whole lot go'n down.

    I went to the YMCA this morning and lifted. The is the last month of gym time. Can't wait to just start riding daily. On the way to the YMCA I went down fast on the Surly.....again! I figured since we had the 70 degree temps on Sunday, that most of the snow/ice would have been melted on the trail. Well, I was right when I say it melted....but then it froze again. It was a nice sheet of perfectly smooth black ice. I came rage'n onto the trail, and as soon as I hit the ice I was on my butt and sliding. My bike flew about 10 ft in front of me and then slammed into the fence, and I slid on my arse for like another 10 feet. It was like the slip-n-slde. I even caught myself giggling, cause I was just sliding...and sliding...and sliding. Good thing I was wearing my Giro E2, cause I smacked the back of my head when I went down. Don't worry...I am OK. No damage.

    Got into work yesterday, and sitting on my work bench was a box from Giant. I wasn't expecting anything from them, since I already got my frame. I opened the box, and inside was 2 sets of bib shorts....2 jerseys...and 1 long sleeve jersey. SWEET!! Guess, the word on the street is that these are the clothes we are supposed to wear till out Cateye Enduro Team clothing comes in from Sugoi. Thanks Steve!!!

    Looks as if the Spoke Pony Showdown 6 Hour Race is a go! Chuck and buddy are picking me up next Friday on their way down from Minneapolis, then we are heading to KC. I should try to talk Chuck into stopping at Arrowhead Stadium so I can spit on the Chiefs logo....right Chad? Go Vikings! Anyway...I am going to use this as a "test" race and test run for Trans-Iowa. I am going to do the entire 6 hours self-supported if possible. I want to be able to get through the 6 hours with out stopping once. Meaning, I will carry all water and food during the event. That is my plan...we'll see if that happens.

    Off to work...then roller mania!