• Cateye Enduro Team Product Review


    EPICWOLF TIRE
    Originally uploaded by kerkovej.

    STATS: If you want speed and control for XC conditions, look no further. Ramped center knobs with square-edged backsides combine low roll with great climbing attributes. The open tread design and spiky knobs excel in loose conditions and provide the confidence to ride where others walk.

    BEST THING: I have had good luck with these tires this year! All of my endurance races have been raced on these tires. I run the 1.95 for 12 Hour races for less resistence, and the 2.1 for 24 hour events for added comfort. It's a good all-around tire if you don't want to buy seperate tires for different conditions. Lots of duability and the weight is low

    WORST THING: The 1.95 and 2.1 are a bit bigger that other companies tires of the same size.

    MY VERDICT: This is my 1st year on WTB tires (I was a Michelin Comp S user before), and I have nothing bad to say. They have been super reliable and the hook-up in mud and wet rocks is great for the low profile tread design. This tire fits the "Midwest " style of courses great. I am not sure about the dry-dust "Western" courses. But Hey, they design them in CA, so it must not be too bad. If you want to make your bike super plush and comfy.....run the 2.1. If you want to be a XC speed freak run the 1.95. There is my 2 cents worth.

    www.WTB.com