• Can I have a helping of bike please?

    Not a prob. Right now I am slamming some coffee and figuring out my evil plan for the 2006 version of Toyota-Irwins's team kit. After that it is to the YMCA for some resistance bike work at a somewhat high intensity. From 7:30 to about 10:30 I am going to get worked over by high resistance and a 50lbs fly wheel. I love the spin bike! I can tell a difference in my power outside because of the riding indoors on the spin bike. A headwind no longer is a pain in the butt. Once I get off-road the skills should transfer over very well. Speaking of outside...I hope to get up to Decorah for some huge gravel miles before the Ouach. Challenge. There are some very epic gravel rides in the area. Tons of climbing, and that "I'm not in Iowa" feeling. Anyone out there interested in maybe making a 2 day mini-training camp out of weekend trip? Any of the riders that finished T.I. last year can give a huge "hell yeah!" to the hills of Decorah.

    What else....Mmmmmmm....
    C-Dale rep is swinging by the shop to pimp the new clothing. Buchanandale should get a chance to try some stuff on for his '06 season endeavors. And for me...I am hope the sweet ass Diadora kicks are waiting for me when I get to work. My current shoes have about had it. Plus, using the shoes at the YMCA is a good way to pimp the sponsor. Pimp. Pimp. Pimp.

    I was also sent an e-mail over the weekend about the Recover-Ease product. I was asked what I think so far, and if the investment is worth it. Well, I have only been on it for a week, and find it hard to give a complete and detailed judgment right now. There are a few items I can mention...Things that I have noticed since starting the supplement is that my legs no longer have the heavy tired feeling after a workout. Also, my legs are not as stiff the next morning when I craw out of bed. The best thing so far is the fact I can do a huge workout....and then do another hard workout the following day, and it seems like I didn't even do anything the previous day. I will give a more detailed review after I have had at least a month or so on the product. Remember, if you want to try the product stop by the shop and request it. More to come on this later.

    'Nother thing...
    Happy Birthday to me. Yippe. Yahoo. The big 2-8. Does that qualify me for the Masters category yet? Not a big deal. Just another day in my book. All I want for my birthday is good word from these kind folks.

    I did T.I. V2 recon this weekend. Look what Dave Simmons did. Way sweet! He'll be ready for T.I. in April.


    Last thing...
    What's up with the recent Squirrel vs. bike encounters? I think it's time I come clean with the fact that I scored a squirrel on T.I. recon this weekend with the Mazda. This picture above is credited from here.

    Bike good. Squirrel bad.

    This Squirrel is OK though. Right?