• What is next?

    Well, CTR, as you know, was a flop.  Not meant to be for some reason this year.  After thinking about it, I am not going to do a individual time trial of the route.  One of the reasons CTR appeals to me is the shared start with like-minded riders and the act of being chased and chasing.  Being out there alone will not fulfill my needs for what I am looking for in my CTR experience.  I am willing to wait until 2012 to conquer, for me, what is the hardest cycling event I have toed the line at.

    So, on with the rest of 2011.  The Breck-Epic is in a few weeks.  The 3-Day version fits nicely around some work I need to do at the Leadville 100 (team support and media) and September through October racing schedule.

    So, the bikepacking bags are put away.....for now.  Time to get some speed work in the legs for the Breck-Epic, the Park City Point 2 Point, and the Brasil Ride Stage Race.  Few other events on the list, which will happen if I play my cards right.