• Back in the groove.

    Good to be back home after a 2 week road trip.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to travel, but living out of a suitcase and eating out day after day gets to be a bit much.  I like my routine....same thing day after day.

    The training this week in focused on recovery.  Recovery from racing the Whiskey 50 and recovery from the 2 weeks of travel.  Rides are in the 2-3 hour range...but the intensity is low.  Upon arrival back to Colorado, I was greeted with green grass and warm temps.  This won't last long, as the weather is to take a turn for the wetter and colder.

    Perfect Spring time dirt outside Ft CollinsToday, I spent about 2 hours pedaling out at Blue Sky. Good to see it green....as it will be brown in late June.


    Perfect Spring time dirt outside Ft CollinsTrails are good right now. A little loose/sketchy in spots, but overall, very good!


    Perfect Spring time dirt outside Ft CollinsOverall, LOVING the SRAM XX! Riding a 3x9 system has a lot of copy-cat gearing. With the XX, each gear offers a little bit something different. I love how you can ride a lot of trial in the 42T ring....then toggle between the 10 gears in the back. In fact, my teammates in Europe are running the XX as a 1x10 for the World Cup races. No worries here, don't plan on doing that any time soon.



    A small sample of the trail flavor in and around Ft Collins. Looks like AZ....but it is not. Go another 5-10 mile west and you get out of this red ledge-like rock.

    Now, just have to sit back and see what mother nature brings us the next few days.  Talk is for cold and wet.  Don't mind the cold...just want to omit the wet part.

    Lastly, I was listed at #39 on a list of the Top 50 Most Influential Cycling Bloggers.  Coolness!  See the list here!