This is not rocket science. Ha! Ever since I posted this concoction you see above, people have been asking me how to make it. Heck, there is no recipe....that I know of, this is something I threw together starting a few months back because it satisfied my nutritional needs at the time after a hard ride. Has everything you need: Carbs, protein, iron, antioxidants, good fats, etc, etc.
- 1 cup of pre-cooked basmati rice. I batch cook rice at the beginning of the week.
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 handfuls of spinach....add more if you like.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Turmeric to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Cheese (optional)
How to cook this nutritious mess
1. Heat up a frying pan on medium heat.
2. Add olive oil.
3. Add rice.
4. Add spinach.
5. Add salt, pepper, and tumeric to taste
6. Add cheese (optional)
7. Stir it all around to mix it up.
8. Add 2 eggs...break the yoke. You can also just use the egg whites if you like.
9. While on medium heat, stir it all together.
10. Let it sit for a minute or so.
11. Stir again.
12. Keep stirring and letting it sit until the eggs are cooked...like scrambled eggs.
13. Once cooked, dish it up and eat!