• Weekend group rides

    All bundled up and ready to roll in 26F temps.All layered up and ready for war...weekend group ride war. My layers include....
    - 1 Craft ProWarm base layer (a very key component to keeping warm!)
    - 2 Team issue long sleeve thermal jerseys (need those pockets)
    - 1 Team issue wind vest
    - 1 Buff on my head
    - 1 Buff around my neck
    - 1 Team issue bib shorts
    - 1 Team issue leg warmers
    - 1 pair Swiftwick Merino socks
    - 1 pair Craft toe warmer
    - 1 pair Craft Nemo Booties
    - 1 pair of Northwave mtb shoes (These are the same shoes I wear in the Summer)
    - 1 Cratoni helmet
    - 1 pair of Endura Strike Gloves
    - 1 pair of Craft Lobster Gloves (in case the temps drop)

    I doubled up on the group rides this weekend. Saturday was the
    Oval Ride here in Fort Collins. Traditionally the ride is lights out after we get about 5 miles out of town. But a low turn out and cooler temps kept the pace chill. I had to take it upon myself to launch the attacks and push the pace. Overall, I got what I needed. Saturday's ride shows things are on track for 2010.

    Sunday was another road group ride. The Rio Ride is little bit more tame. To 'up' the effort requirements for myself, I showed up once again on the mtb. Mission accomplished, as at the end of my 4 hr training session, my legs were feeling the effects of both group rides when climbing. Pretty much all ride today we watch black clouds form over the foothills. We saw a tiny bit of snow....but nothing much. As I type this, those black clouds have moved off the mountains and over the town. We are getting brief heavy snow showers...but nothing is really sticking.

    Here is some video from Sunday...