• Sea Otter Classic: Race day

    Sea Otter semi-pro xc race chartEnded up in 46th place....about 20 minutes back from the winner. Yeah, it's not an awesome placing, but then again, I don't focus on this format much anymore. I got what I needed out of it, and that was 40 miles at a rather high pace. My average heart rate for the 2 hr and 55 min race was 165 bpm. Overall I felt good. About 1/2 way through the 2nd and final lap, my lower back started to tighten up....but it wasn't too bad. My pacing was right on and consistent. I wasn't yo-yoing like a lot of rider were. I got into my one speed and just kept it there....such is the life of an endurance specific cyclist. Hope to have pictures coming this way later on.

    Now it is time to pack it all up for the flight over to Germany. More to come...