• Beating mother nature

    Clouds roll inThe window of opportunity to get a training session in today was pretty small. Last night it was raining when I got up to hit the bathroom. Plus, the weather man is calling for a high of 40 F with rain/snow developing in the early afternoon. So, I had to make do with the time I had. Suit up and out the door at 9 AM with 2 bottles of Cytomax. Plan was 2 hours at a mellow tempo with a few harder efforts to see how the legs are doing after Moab. I rode out to about mid mountain at Horsetooth Mountain Park. This includes about 3 climbs each of which last the time frame of 2-5 minutes. I pushed it at about 70-80% up the climbs. Legs felt pretty good..light and snappy. I feel the recovery process is almost complete. Up and coming training sessions should be spot on. Weather is looking awesome for the next 7 days with temps in the 60's.

    Tomorrow, Coach says...."No riding."

    What? Geez, what am I going to do with myself?

    Also, I see there is a Marathon at this weekends NMBS in Arizona. Good advertising on their part. I didn't even know about it. Might have been something to hit up. By the looks of registered riders....not many people know.