• Weather Changed My Workout.

    Some OK weather here in the Midwest on this early Sunday. Was planning on a endurance ride of about 6-7 hours, but the weather took a turn for the worse and now there is rain forecasted to move in around 1:00 PM. So, I switched up my workouts. I did Tuesdays workout today...and will do todays scheduled endurance ride on Tuesday.


    Here is the radar about 10 minutes after I walked in the door. There is snow to the NW, and Tornado watched and warnings to the South. Talked about messed up weather.

    Started the work out with a 30 minute warm up. Then headed over to George Wyth State Park and did interval loops around the park. So I was sitting at about 10-15 minute all out effort followed by abour 5 minutes of recovery. I did 5 of these.

    Next up was 20 hill repeats. Where upon arrival I ran into Father of Buchanandale who was out walking around. 10 of the hill repeats where seated power climbs. The other 10 were tempo high rpm climbs. Felt really good, which is good peace of mind for the up coming Oauchita Challenge.

    Next up was a few laps around the Euro Crit in Cedar Falls. The Euro Crit is what the locals call the 5 minute loop thru the residential area around the Cedar River. The roads are narrow, and there are a bunch of corners, turns, and ups and downs. It's very Spring Classics like...just with a bunch of houses in the area and sans cobble stones. I shot a 7 minute clip of the loop. Enjoy.



    Some Random bits....
    An LED shoot out. Looking for new lights? Might want to start here.
    Good for me. Good for you.
    The dawn of something ground breaking?