• It's "GO" time!

    Bring on the first race of the year! I wait all off season for this day. The first race. The first 10+ hour road trip. Hang'n with other freak that spend too much time on the bike. This weekend should go very well. My off season went really well, and I am more powerful that this time last year...and 8 lbs lighter. My body is ready. My mind is ready. Now everything else just has to fall into place and a little luck has to come my way. Let's do it!

    Yesterday before work I took in the NRS for what will be it's finall rage-fest this weekend and cleaned it up. I mounted up some new rubber for the event. Based on everyone else's comments on the net and from what I remember when I rode down in that area a few years ago, the Maxxis Ranchero should be what the doctor ordered. This 26 x 2.00 tire should be a great mix of speed, durability, and hook-up when it is needed. Word.





    This week leading up to the event was all prep. It started on Monday, and won't finish till the event starts. The rides this week have been short and to the point. 90 minutes of riding with some efforts thrown in to keep it real. My diet has also been aimed at the event. Pasta every night for supper, and lots of tuna, oatmeal, fruit, and Powerbars during the day. Not to mention high water intake and higher dosages of Recover-Ease.

    I have a few things to finish up this AM. I need to run and grab some bananas and Powerbars. Then swing by the shop to pick up my bike and order the Six13 Pro 2. Then come home and wait for the Team New~Mart guys to come down from Minnie-Soda to start the drive to Fort Smith, Arkansas.

    Some random tidbits....
    Olympic training center coming to town? Cool!
    Everyone is in Arizona. This guy. And him. Yep, him too.

    That's all...unless I find computer access down South.