• Morning Musings

    Damn! That bike is hella fast.

    As I sit here slamming my
    black goodness, I am very anxious and unstable about recent word on 2006 frame sponsor. Some recent e-mails have me licking my chops. No, I am not going to disclose any info...yet, but if I hear anything soon word will be posted here ASAP! I am too excited and can't stop thinking about it.

    2006 is going to be a great year for the team. I just have this gut feeling. Everything is going great in terms of training and planning out the season. I am looking forward to the Oauchita Challenge to kick off the season at the end of March. Right now the plan is to drive down with the enduro freaks from Team New~Mart out of Minnie-apple-us. Looks like there is an arse load of Eye-we-gens heading down also. That is great! Corn State reprezent!

    My teammate, Sloane Anderson, is also starting to ramp it up. Normally he has been gun'n to go for Old Pueblo, but not this year. He is delaying the start of the season so he is fresh come 24 hour Nationals in Wisconsin, and some later season events.

    What will happen in 2006? Who knows for sure. But, I think it will be great.

    OK, it's time to prep for my AM bike workout. Power and tension work at the YMCA, followed by work at the shop, followed by rollers at the HOP.

    Sweeeeeeeet.

    Oh, I almost forgot. Here is a brief run down of a conversation with a somewhat sober consumer last night at the shop. I will cut to the point and start mid conversation...

    Consumer: "I used to work for the Iowa DNR. I was with them for 7 years till I got caught selling weed. I used to feed it to the wolves."

    Me: Oh really?

    Consumer: "Do you know how to kill a possum? See here, you have to stick the 'lil bastard under water, then wait till there are no more air bubbles."

    Me: (trying to hold back laughing) "Really?"

    Consumer: "I ride my bike along HWY 20 looking for cans. You wouldn't believe all the beer cans that are half empty. Some are full of beer and others are full of pee."

    Me: (thinking to myself...how does he know which are pee and which are beer) "That's neat."

    ...end transmition...

    Who says the off season at a bike shop is boring?