• Chilly gravel rage'n

    Half way thru the the week....YIPEE!

    Just got in from 2.5 hours of glorious single speed'n out on the New Hartford hills. It kicked my butt! The temps didn't help any either. The warmest it got during this ride was about 20 degrees....plus throw in a 15 mph NW wind, and it becomes even colder. Overall the ride was a good "resistence" workout. The entire ride was a fight against the elements...and gravel.

    Anywho...
    My legs were not very spunky during last nights roller ride, so I just spun the legs out for an hour while the rest of the group did 15 sets of 2 minutes on followed by 1 minute recovery. I think I am officially done riding indoors for the year. I just can't take it anymore. I look back a few years ago, an I can remember do a few 6 hour roller rides in the basement of the Iowa Cat 1 State Road Champions basement. That was insane! We must have been really hard-core.

    I am glade I just did some spinning last night, cause today's ride was better for my type of training. I am the only one in the area, that does endurance racing, so I have to tweek my training while everyone else is training for crits, and XC mnt bike races.

    Got back from the ride and made one of the huge pancakes...plate size. I always add protein powder and bananas to it. Tastes really good after a long ride, plus you feel full through out most of the day. I also burned the pancake a bit today. Now my apartment smells like IHOP.

    Well, it's off to work. It's becoming chaotic at work which is good! That means more $ in my pockets and fast days at work.

    I wonder if Cameron Chambers is going to the Spoke Pony Showdown?