• Stay'n busy.

    Wahoo! Friday has come and gone. It was an alright day. This morning I got up and put the finishing touches on the Trans-Iowa Cue sheets. There looks to be about 17 sheets total. 7 for the first half of the course and 10 for the second half. They are very easy to read, so NO Trans-Iowa racer should get lost. Unless they get stuck behind Squirrel and his fro and miss a corner. That would suck.

    On the way to work today, I did a brief hill workout. I swung by Lookout Park Hill and did 5 hill repeats on the Surly 1x1 with 32x16 gearing. It burned. My legs the last few days have been a bit tired. I skip'd the roller ride on Thursday due to the stiffness. Looks like I might need to take that 1 week transitional off week earlier than scheduled.

    Sunday is the QBP Frostbike dealer show. I am planning on going, but it looks like we might get 6 inches of snow.....sigh. That would suck. If that happens, I am not driving 3 hours up to Minneapolis and 3 hours back. Bummer.

    Guitar Ted said that Dirt Rag magazine had a link to this site on their e-news letter that they send out. It said that I was racing Old Pueblo this weekend. But nope, I am here in Iowa. But my teammate Sloane Anderson is there. So if you have click over here via the Dirt-Rag e-letter, leave a comment yo!

    NASCAR starts this weekend. Hicks, beer, Jim Beam, varoooooom. [Insert fart and sucking sound here.]

    NBA All Star Game is this weekend. Who cares!

    NHL season got cancelled. Who cares! Well, I do care...somewhat. I was hope'n to see the Redwing kick the living crap out of everybody again. Up with Squid! Down with miss'n teeth!

    Get to work at the shop all day tomorrow. The marketing gal from Red Bull is stopping in so we can discuss sponsorship for Trans-Iowa and myself. I love the Red Bull. It's a good kick in the junk at 3:00 AM in a 24 hour solo event.

    Some stupid RAGBRAI team is selling sponsorship space on E-Bay. What the hell!? Here is what they are requesting:

    Advertising and sponsorship is available in a variety of forms
    (suggested price in brackets):

    -team name [$5,000]
    -front jersey logo & company name (main title across chest) w/ company colors [$5,000]
    -back jersey logos & company names [$1,000-$3,000 depending on size]
    -sleeve jersey logos & company names [$1,000]
    -t-shirt / sweat shirt's with logos & company names [$1,000-$5,000 depending on size]
    -option for any additional materials supplies by company to be prominently displayed on riders, bicycles, travelling gear, tents, and around camping site when feasible.

    DAMN! With that kind of money you could sponsor your own team for the Pro-Tour. What the heck would they do with all that money? Buy a bus? Get each team member their own personal keg for each day of the ride? Use the money to wipe their butts in the corn fields? Who knows.

    I think I found a new race...24 Hours of Steamboat (June 11-12). It's a better deal than the Breckenridge 100 (July 16). Lets see, 100 miles or 24 hours. Hmmmm. That's a tough one. I say 24. Who wants to go?

    Guitar Ted did a phone interview for Silent Sports Magazine on Thursday. Looks like this crazy death march of ours is gaining some press....which is a great thing for our sponsors. Look for the Trans-Iowa story in either the March or April issue.

    If you are an endurance athlete, and have not download'd and read THIS, then you are miss'n out.

    OK, that is enough from me. Anything exciting happen to anyone this week? I do know that the Salsa Queen threw down at the local dodge-ball game. IN COMING!!!!!

    I wonder what organic goodness Dirtram is consuming? Veggie Sausage? Boca Bugger? Tofu?

    Out.