• I wrench for me.

    I wrench on my own bikes. I build them. I maintain them. I am always leary of having someone else turn their wrenches on my bikes. I figure if I screw up while wrenching on my bike and it comes back to haunt me during an event....it's my fault. If someone else does it....well...then I have to go head hunting. The example below of a pro mnt biker racing down in Costa Rica right now is a good example right out of VeloNews...

    Adam Craig, was another rider who had difficulties today. "The free bike services was worth exactly what it cost ... my bike was shifting fine when I left it with them last night, but this morning when I tried shifting into my granny it went into the spokes, so I had to stop a couple of times to pull the chain out and gradually adjust it like it should be. Then I chased too much and blew. I was riding like a 14 year old on a cruiser riding to the grocery store ... with the brakes rubbing."


    So do you wrench on your own bikes? Or...do you have someone else do it whom you trust?