• Get'n cold out!

    You can thank yesterdays morning low of 14 degrees for this cold weather clothing report. I figured I might as well run down the items that are "MUST HAVE" for the winter months of the Mid-West. Training outdoors is a must around here. With the proper clothing, it's amazing the temperature range you can ride in. So here are some of my top picks...


    The toes are normally the first to go if you are not dressed right. I reach for the SockGuy Wool sock. It's thin...but warm...construction make it a no-brainer for maximum warmth with out the added bulk. Another option is the DeFeet Woolie Boolie. Great sock, but a little thicker which doesn't allow your toes to move as well.




    For my gloves, I will reach for Craft Tempest Glove. It's windproof and less bulk. It great until the temp drops below freezing. Once the temps go below freezing I grap the Lobster Thermal from Craft. The Lobster glove is the warmest winter glove I have worn on the bike!




    Flex Fleece Leg warmers are all I need till it gets crazy cold. Once it gets too cold, it's time to grap the thermal bib tights. These are the best at a temp of about 35 degrees.




    Gore Thermal Windstopper Jacket. It does what the name implies. I have ridden in -32 degree windchill home from work in this. Works perfect!!!! My upper body was one of the only things NOT to get cold on that ride.




    Cold weather. Warm weather. Who cares? This base layer from Craft ...complete with dog hair... might be the best on the market! It pulls sweat away from you, so your sweat doen't give you wind chills. My other top usage is my shirt for working out at the gym in the offseason!




    Finally, the feet. Get a good pair of socks and a set of the Craft Nemo Cover and you are SET!!!! Fully waterproof and lined with a light fleece these do the trick. I have found nothing better yet for the pricepoint.

    Now get out and ride!