• It Buuuurrrrnnnns!

    Wow! I just got back from a 5 hour hammer fest mountain bike ride. I drove down to Sugar Bottom, which is just North of Iowa City. My goal was to rage for 5 hours straight without stopping at a higher heartrate than my normal 12/24 hour pace . Mission Accomplished, but I won't be able to walk tomorrow.

    I got down there around 7:00, and filled up the PolarPak, and loaded my pockets with a Clif Bar and Hammer Gel and off I went. I started cranking out lap after lap on the 10 mile loop. The course was in excellent shape so the speed was high. On lap 2 I about mowed down Bambi. On lap 3 I about mowed down the Trail Patrol, and on lap 4 I about took out a family of 4 on Hybrid bikes with NO helmets. Yes, I said Hybrid bikes. The trail is next to the campground, so some families venture into the unkown of the mountain bike world.

    My bike worked flawless once again, and my leg felt pretty good. Not 100%, but good considering I put in a 3 and 4 hour days in on the road bike leading up to this ride. Tomorrow I will do a short recovery ride and get myself pumped for the bloody furry that is the Tuesday night road group ride.

    Oh, I almost forgot. WAY TO GO POSTIES!

    RAGE ON!!!

    P.S. If one of you two super freaks from Green Man are reading this, I hope you 8-10 hour road ride was a treat!