• Tan lines are back!

    Spring is not far away! I admit, I have Spring fever.  Ready to get out in the warmth of the Colorado sun here at the higher elevations.  Reality is, that won't hit until April/May.  Last week KJ had a week off from work so we packed up the van and headed west to St. George where we were greeted with temps in the low 70fs and dry dusty trails!

    Suicidal Tendencies

    Day 1 was spent pedaling out East of St. George on some flowy trail. Day 2 we headed over to Green Valley side of St. George to get in a mix of techy and flowy trails....and to pre-ride the Intermountain Cup XC course. With the race in town on Saturday, I threw my hat into the XC ring to test the fitness. As expected it hurt, but was a blast. High end speed isn't there, but really didn't expect it to be. I rode a solid race for me finishing 7th overall. Great course combined with great competition!  XC racing is alive and well in Utah!

    Utah Intermountain Cup

    After the race, KJ and I went our for another 2 hours to keep banking the miles.



    Strava Day 1
    Strava Day 2
    Strava Day 3
    Strava XC Race
    Strava Day 4

    St. George has a great mix of terrain. Pick your poison. After logging miles for 4 days, plus the XC, the body is in that tired state that I miss so much. In 2 weeks there is a 50 and/or 100 mile mtb race in St. George on these same trails, called the True Grit 100. Weather pending, might head back out for one of those 2 events. Right now, the body is more suited for 50 miles, but the 100 miler would be ideal for building the engine for the season. Time will tell!

    In the meantime back in Eagle, I am working on getting all the Topeak-Ergon USA 2013 team bikes to the USA. Over the last week I have been working with SRAM to finalize the team XX1 order. The new 1x11 set up has me intrigued and I feel very fortunate to be back with SRAM for 2013 to help promote and test this new groupo.  XX treated us well, so curious to see how going from 2x10 to 1x11 will change how we ride.

    Eye is to the sky! Moab is finally dry.  Weather holding, might make the quick drive to Moab this weekend to ride.  Looking snowy here in the Vail Valley!