• Race Report: USA Marathon National Championships

    Jeff Kerkove - F50 2010

    Quick report on this event....as it was pretty straight forward.  For me, I had my best race in my 7 attempts at this venue.  Finally, from start to finish I had a solid energy burn and was able to 'race' the entire course...riding everything from start to finish.  I set a personal record for time on the course which is 4 hrs 20 minutes....3 minutes faster than last year.  As for my result?  23rd overall out of roughly 70 guys that started.  The result number is not what I wanted, but when you line up with the best XC and long distance riders in the USA I really can't complain.  Other item of note:  sponsor equipment worked perfectly from start to finish.

    2010 Marathon National ChampionshipsMy HR and elevation data off the Suunto T6 from the Firecracker 50.