• Last push

    Another day on the bike in the books.  Today was the last little push leading up to a 2 week road trip which will include Sea Otter and the Whiskey 50 Off-Road.  Yeah, the legs were a bit toasty after yesterday's climbing efforts.  I had some efforts to get in today including another long climb.

    Blue Sky, Indian Summer, Towers Rd
    The day went past quick with the joy of having a riding partner.  Kalan Beisel was in town from Colorado Springs and he was quick on his feet to join in on my little singletrack session.  Not a bad guy to train with, since he usually sticks me in my place in the Colorado XC races.


    Blue Sky, Indian Summer, Towers Rd
    We hit up a lot of the easy access riding here in town: Coyote Ridge, Indian Summer, Blue Sky, and a trip up Towers Rd.


    Towers Rd climbTowers Rd is a good way to work on the climb'n skillz.  I felt like I was drag'n a boat anchor.  Didn't take Kalan long to zoom up the road....as I mashed my SRAM XX 28 T small chain ring.  What a difference a week of solid training can do.  Last week I had an easier time, but today, I had a fatigue monster tugging at my jersey.


    Blue Sky, Indian Summer, Towers RdIt's steep....and it pitches. Just enough to mock you.


    Blue Sky, Indian Summer, Towers RdView from the top looking East and down on Fort Collins.


    Blue Sky, Indian Summer, Towers RdTurn around....looking West at the snow capped mountains in Rocky Mountain National Park.



    From there it was a rip'n descent....followed by a tad more singletrack....then a tempo into town on the paved roads.

    Now it is off to California. 2 day drive in store for myself and Yuki.