• 4 hours of humming tires

    Wow, what a difference a day makes. Yesterday, the roads were complete crap! Today, those same roads were about 95% dry. I really didn't expect the roads to dry that much over night since temps would drop into the teens. I figured for sure the Rio Group Ride would not happen, so I did my workout solo today. 4 hours alone pushing a heart rate of 139-159 bpm.

    At the base of the foothills, I ran into the Rio Group Ride...some 20 riders strong. I caught the group and rode with them for a few miles. Riding with the group was not putting me where I needed to be for my workout, so I pushed ahead to ride alone once we crested the hill at the entrance to Horsetooth Mountain Park.



    For the rest of the ride I would run into a few other cyclists....mostly riders from Boulder....and a few more from Ft Collins. One thing is fore sure, if you want to get someone's attention...catch and pass them on your mtb. Passed one guy up on Carter Lake.....he chased me down....then asked where I was from and what kind of gearing I was running. He seemed surprised when I told him it was a standard 44-32-22 and mtb cassette.


    4 Hr mtb tempoToday's route was similar to Saturday's route...but with more climbing. Stats on the route are roughly 70 miles and 3,900 ft of climbing. Felt good today...especially when going uphill. Average HR...not including the roll out and return to the house....is 150 bpm.

    Monday is an off the bike day. Core work is on tap as well as giving the mtb and road bike some much needed cleaning. Hopefully by the end of the week most of the snow will be gone here.

    Oh yeah, had a Carnizzle sighting on the way back down into town. I could see his long lady-like hair flailing in the wake of his effort...;)

    Today's post ride meal: 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1.5 cup of brown rice, 2 cups of spinach, olive oil.....cook it all up in a frying pan on medium heat. Add salt, pepper, and turmeric to taste.