• Random blog nonsense.

    This week is rebuilding week. Training volume and intensity in super low. The next step on the plan is to get as ready for Marathon Nationals as I can, which happens on July 4th in Breckenridge, CO. My goal? I want to post my fast time ever racing at this event. This year will be my 3rd time racing here...and the first time not coming up from sea level. I should already have an advantage over the earlier years. Plus, add in a growing stacked Pro-Open Men's field and you have a mixture for extreme speed, competition, and much, much suffering.

    ----------------------

    It's as American as apple pie, baseball, and competitive eating.

    ----------------------

    Last weekend, I had the guys from Honey Stinger set up camp next to me in Crested Butte. Yes, I have heard of Honey Stinger....but honesty never have tried it in a race setting. It was always one of those things to snack on while cruising the halls at Interbike or Outdoor Retailer. Well, the guys floated me some samples of their gels, bars, and new chews. I used the gels in the CB xc race. I must say, it went down smooth...one of the easiest to swallow out of the many brands I have tried. And then on Sunday for my 6 hour training ride in Breckenridge I snacked on their chews...which are similar to Clif Shot Bloks. It seems that the Honey Stinger chews went down easier...and were a bit tastier. The chews are just a tad smaller...so having them in mouth while working hard did make me feel like I had to thing about not choking on the darn things. Now, I know you are thinking....."Dang, Jeff is pushing Honey Stinger." Well, I am just telling it how it is. I used the stuff for one weekend...and it worked well. It now adds another option for an already huge sports nutrition world.

    ----------------------

    Are you heading to the Marathon Nationals in Breckenridge? Stop by the Ergon booth to scope out the Ergon USA sponsored riders, bikes, and grips. We will have a 10 x 20 tent set up right in Carter Park. We might even be giving away some product (wink, wink). You'll just have to stop by to find out.

    ----------------------

    Sub-100 lbs climbing.

    ----------------------

    Eat it by the spoon full yo! Can't think of nut'n better.

    ----------------------

    That is all. Maybe a light spin on the mountain bike. One hour..that would be all. If I sweat, I went too hard. Might just chill out and stay away from 2 wheels for 2 days. Next training and racing block is important. Startng out 100% fresh is important to me.