• 60% chance

    Endurance tempoThere was a 60% chance of thunderstorms popping up today. I rolled out around 10 AM for what was to be a 3-5 hour endurance tempo ride. Leaving the house, I was set on riding 4 hours. My route today took me up and over Horsetooth....though Masonville....past Carter Lake....and through Loveland. A lot of cyclists out today. Most of them collegiate racers pre-riding the road race route since Nationals are in town this weekend.


    Endurance tempo
    Heading past Carter Lake I could see the clouds rolling off the mountains up in the Estes Park area. It didn't look too bad. But, in a matter of 20 minutes, the skies turned black and I pointed the road bike towards home in hopes of out running mother nature.


    Endurance tempo
    This is the last photo I took before I had to do an emergency evac all the electric items (camera, iPod, phone) into a zip-loc baggy I had my I.D. and cash in. I made it into Loveland...and then the skies unleashed a very very cold rain. I had a rain cape yesterday...but not today. I got a bit chilled, but the rain let up after about 15 minutes. Sure enough, 10 miles down the road, the roads were dry by the house. Talk about hit and miss.